The position has the responsibility to perform registration functions for outpatient and inpatient services along with entering orders for radiology services. This position gathers, reviews and enters patient information, insurance information and collects all appropriate copays. The registrar will also be responsible for collecting signed patient consents for treatment for both inpatient and outpatient services.
Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific/trade/technical journals. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or regulatory agencies.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, rates and ratios.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Sitting 90% of the day; walking 10% of the day
• Lifting requirements are slight and related primarily to files
• Finger dexterity required to operate computer keyboard
• Hearing at a level to enable one to hear normal conversation
• Visual requirements of having the ability to read the computer screen, documents