MAACie login work at MAAC donate
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
Teacher Assistant/Classroom Aide
• Assist classroom staff in all classroom activities, field trips and outdoor activates including lesson plans.
• Assist in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
• Helps supervise at mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition and proper social skills.
• Helps keep the classroom and its contents clean and orderly.
• Assists the teacher in any aspect of the program as the need arises.
• Serves as a substitute in the absence of the teacher or assistant teacher.
Custodial Aide Services
• Empties trash or garbage containers if needed before the custodian or janitor services.
• Sanitizes surfaces, picks up and puts away materials in the classroom or kitchen in order to maintain a safe and organized environment.
• Serves as custodian in the absence of the regular custodian on a periodic basis.
Assists driver in keeping the interior of the vehicle clean at all times.
• Assists with cleaning the exterior of the vehicle as weather allows.
• Maintains accurate record keeping for program requirements.
• Reports any damage or malfunction immediately to the Bus Driver.
• Assists, as requested, to perform safety supplies and seat belts.
• Ensures that the bus is empty at the end of each run and that all children are accounted for.
• Interacts with children during bus route for socializing and educational experience.
• Ensures that children remain seated and with seat belts on at all times.
• Assist with parents/families signing children in and off the bus.
• Communicates with parents/families as needed.
• Completes routine kitchen/dining room/food chores as assigned.
• Prepares necessary food and serving items or service prior to or after use.
• Participates in kitchen clean up, inventory and other kitchen tasks as requested.
• Places food orders.
• Prepares Menu Production Records in Compliance with CACFP requirements.
• Maintains inventory of food and supplies.
• Other assigned duties related to food services.
• Attends all workshop and meeting as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
• Attends all required staff and parent meetings and activates.
• Performs related duties as assigned