Public Job Description
- Provides information service such as answering questions regarding card catalogs, and assists in the use of reference tools and catalogs.
- Performs routine cataloging of library materials.
- Files cards according to systems used.
- Answers routine inquiries, and refers persons requiring professional assistance to Librarian.
- Verifies information on order requests.
- Executes actions associated with ordering or receiving section of acquisitions department, card preparations, loan/reserve operations, and circulation.
- Uses systems as directed to search for, retrieve, and identify records.
- Imports records into digital and hard copy library and catalog accordingly.
- Performs physical processing of new library materials, and support audit if/when directed.
- Update various library databases.
Security Clearance Requirement
- An active SECRET security clearance is required.
- A high school diploma is required; a GED or certificate from a vocational training curriculum may be substituted.
- Must possess the skills and ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must possess and exercise diplomatic tact and interface with the customer.
- Must be proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office products and tools.
- Travel (10%) may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.