THOR Solutions, LLC has an opening for a Junior Engineer to work alongside other engineers and technicians to provide assistance with technical tasks at Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) in Washington, D.C.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Provides technical guidance, checks drawings, memoranda, tests, reports, material requests and other documents for technical adequacy and conformance with procedures.
- Assembles documentation packages and produces drawing sets which are checked by a higher authority.
- Prepares cost estimates, technical specifications for the contract purchase of complex repair, designs and plans for alterations, remodeling and repairs to various types of machinery and equipment and the development of contracts, in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Compiles and maintains records documenting engineering schematics, installed equipment, installation or operational problems, resources used, repairs, or corrective action performed.
- Reviews installation or quality assurance documentation.
- Participates in training or continuing education activities to stay abreast of engineering or industry advances in Naval Ship Systems.
- Confers with engineering staff and other personnel to resolve problems.
- Prepares inspection reports noting deficiencies and any deviations from the original estimate and/or specifications.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High school diploma (Engineering or Technical degree desired)
Minimum Position Requirements:
- 0 - 4 years of experience in any of the following areas is highly desired:
- Integrated Logistics Support
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.