Thor Solutions, LLC, (THOR) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing
mission critical support to the U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, and commercial maritime domains.
THOR provides innovative and tailored expertise in project/program management, engineering,
technical, consulting, and administrative services in support of U.S. warfighters and mariners.
THOR is honored to support solution development, implementation, and execution for our nation's most
complex maritime challenges.
Thor Solutions, LLC, (THOR) is seeking candidates to fill positions providing technical expertise and
training support for the U.S. Navy. Positions are located in Norfolk, VA, and Virginia Beach, VA.
Curricula Development Analyst -
Responsible for the development of training products using a systematic approach, adult learning
theories, learning technologies, and industry best practices for instructional design. Reports to a Senior
Instructional Systems Designer or Project Manager.
Major responsibilities include:
• Development of training curricula materials that meet specified learning objectives and goals;
• Development of training assessments that meet specified learning objectives and goals;
• Conducting needs analysis and assessments to determine the appropriate content.
• Selection of appropriate learning media to meet learning needs;
• Design and development of Interactive Multimedia Instructional (IMI) products;
• Provision of quality assurance for training products;
• Maintenance of accurate training product records and files;
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Experience:
Curricula Development Analyst
• Three (3) years of experience developing instructional materials for Surface Ship Systems in accordance with Navy curriculum development standards and guidelines, advising Subject Matter
Experts (SMEs) on development procedures and formatting and evaluating curricula documents and
instructional delivery procedures.
• Three (3) years of experience in Navy curriculum development software such as Authoring Instructional Material (AIM) I, Authoring Instructional Material (AIM) II, Content Planning Module
(CPM)/ Leaning Object (LO) Module.
• Years of experience may be concurrent.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent computer skills, expert in Microsoft Office software.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to read, interpret, organize, and synthesize source material into well-written, concise learning products.
• Technical proficiency with the Authoring Instructional Material (AIM) II, AIM Content Planning Module (CPM), and AIM Leaning Object (LO) Module software applications preferred.
• Ability to apply Integrated Learning Environment (ILE) principles and guidelines for the design and development of training products.
• Ability to develop learning strategies, assessment strategies and author training products to close identified training gaps.
• Ability to learn and establish a working knowledge of military terminology.
• Maintain minimum “Secret” level security clearance.
• US Citizenship required.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.