THOR Solutions is actively seeking an Engineering Technician IV in support of the Southwest Regional Maintenance Center. This position will provide support to engineering and design staff in a variety of engineering tasks in the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, calibration, testing, fabrication, construction and operation of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems in accordance with engineering specifications.
- Install, monitor, and service equipment and systems at Company and client sites.
- Perform or coordinate test and evaluation, checkout, certification tasks. Perform validations/verifications of various electronic systems
- Design and write test procedures, critique system test procedures, and assist in the development of upgrades and enhancements
- Implement engineering change instructions
- Investigate systems problems and provide white papers on the results of the investigation. Prepare recommendations and solutions on system problems to include alternate testing to verify change.
- Train others in the operation and performance of the system(s).
- Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory.
- Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/system installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed.
- Comply with engineering documentation standards, engineering plans, system specifications and test procedures.
- Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements.
- Serve as senior/lead technician and assist in the training of other technicians.
- May coordinate and supervise a team of employees for a given job with responsibility for scheduling tasks, monitoring, technical and employee performance.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must currently have an active SECRET security clearance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Experience:
- Vocational/technical training beyond high school and at least 7 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs
- Some positions may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software
- Position may require travel
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. #LI-POST