The Senior Logistics Analyst will support the PEO LCS Program Office at Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) in Washington, DC to integrate the spectrum of the logistics processes within the operational, in-service environment. Senior Logistics Analysts are responsible for directing the integrated logistics process, developing support policies, procedures and systems, and providing implementation guidance. The Senior Logistics Analysts prepares and implements directives to ensure effective logistics support, and establishes and enforces standards to ensure that the assigned work force is properly trained and equipped. It is the Senior Logistics Analyst’s duty to develop, initiate, integrate and manage all logistics actions associated with life cycle management of HM&E and C4I equipment; weapon systems; subsystems and equipment.
Preference is for a retired or separated Supply Corps Officer or Logistics Specialist (Navy heavily preferred). The individual should have experience in Supply Support and Provisioning. Responsibilities shall include:
- Provide oversight and management of a supply support program that primarily concerned with analyzing, developing, evaluating, or promoting improvements in the policies, plans, methods, procedures, systems, or techniques of a supply program;
- Coordinate with Government personnel, Contractors, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), and various external stakeholders overseeing the implementation of actions involving supply support requirements determination, acquisition of materials, managing spares accountability systems, and assuring that equipment/parts/materials are in place where and when needed;
- Conduct analysis of current supply operations to determine proper application of improved supply methods or approved industry techniques;
- Develop financial or other management control programs for supply operations for such purposes as controlling operations, determining supply costs, planning and budgeting, and evaluating supply management performance;
- Prepare recommendations and directives for the procurement of maintenance material and/or support equipment, indicating the types of items, quantities, and at all times, the sources;
- Evaluate Spares Modeling and Support Readiness Techniques to provide adequate support recommendations and part validation to improve Reliability, Maintainability and Supportability of assigned systems.
- Recommend design specifications for adequate supply support, reviewing data processing systems that support supply programs, and documenting additions, changes, or deletions;
- Provide technical supply support advice, guidance, and assistance on supply operations to management;
- Knowledge of configuration management techniques and best practices.
Individual should have excellent written communication skills, a working knowledge of word processing and integrated software applications, good management and organizational skills, and the ability to perform detail-oriented work. DoD acquisition experience and/or Program Management skills recommended but not absolutely necessary. Some travel may be required (10%).
Security Clearance Requirement:
- An active SECRET security clearance is required.
- Must have 15 or more years professional experience in integrated logistics experience.
-Certified DAWIA Level III Logistician preferred.
-Experience with mine warfare and LCSRON
-Experience on hull with LCS Class II variant supply and ordering parts
-Working knowledge of SKED, AWN, MFOM, Spares calculation model, IUID
-Interface regularly with NAVSUP Mechanicsburg ensuring that as provisioning changes are processed, obsolescence is addressed simultaneously.
-Knowledge of RBS and “right-sizing” the number of spares required to be held by Supply based on Failure and Demand metrics provided by my team.
-Knowledge of to manage Sponsor Owned Material (SOM) using the Navy's Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) to track inventory of assets at field activities.
-Participate in Program Reviews, Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs), Configuration Control Boards (CCBs), Integrated Performance Teams (IPTs), Integrated Performance Reviews (IPRs), and other meetings.
-Subject Matter Expert (SME) Configuration Management. Fluent in the interpretation of Engineering Drawings and the management of various baselines. Certified Configuration Manager, utilize CMPro to manage Functional and Product baselines and manage as-built baselines to manage the configuration of fielded assets and allow for the structured implementation of change to these systems.
-Develop De-militarization plans and obsolescence plans that will aid in the disposal process.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.