Public Job Description
- Primary responsibilities include providing advice and technical assistance in preparation of budgets.
- Measures organizational performance, and assesses the effects of programs and policies on the budget.
- Examines budget estimates and/or proposals for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives.
- May employ cost benefit analysis to review financial requests, assess program tradeoffs, and explore alternative funding methods.
- Examines past and current budgets and researches economic and financial developments that affect the organization’s spending.
- Develops guidelines and policies governing formulation and maintenance of budgets.
- May conduct training sessions for personnel regarding new budget procedures.
Security Clearance Requirement
- An active SECRET security clearance is required.
- A high school diploma is required; a GED or certificate from a vocational training curriculum may be substituted.
- Must possess the skills and ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must possess and exercise diplomatic tact and interface with the customer.
- Must be proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office products and tools.
- Travel (10%) may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.