- Lead contractor support for construction, reactivation, design, planning, conversion, repair, and overhaul of ships and craft for a large, diverse, and complex US Navy customer organization.
- Organize, direct, and manage contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated tasks and subtasks.
- Manage teams of contract support personnel at multiple locations executing multiple requirements.
- Meet with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables.
- Ensure conformance with program task schedules and costs.
- Develop and enforce work standards.
- Provide quality assurance, communicate goals, objectives, and policies.
- Provide financial management and project administration.
- Supervise and direct staff on a daily basis.
Security Clearance Requirement
- An active SECRET security clearance is required.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of demonstrated professional experience with major emphasis in project/program management and administration, including at least 4 years of experience in project/program management related to contracted work with the Department of Defense (DoD), preferably with US Navy and/or US Navy customers.
- Must have experience providing oversight and management of contractor personnel, and experience working with federal Government, DoD, and US Navy organizations, processes, policies, and contract management procedures.
- Must have experience formulating processes, managing daily operations, planning use of materials and human resources.
- Must have experience communicating both orally and in writing to senior US Navy and civilian personnel up to and including the O-6 and GS-15 level.
- Must have diplomatic tact and capability to manage complex business relationships.
- Must be proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office products and tools.
- A Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly desired.
- A bachelors degree, preferably in an engineering or technical field is highly desired.
- Travel (10-20%) may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.