Public Job Description:
In support of the USCG Surface Forces Logistics Center, we are seeking a Senior Diesel Engine Engineer with Caterpillar specific experience to provide diesel engine expertise in support of the USCG’s main propulsion branch at the Surface Forces Logistics Center. Candidate will work on a high-visibility and mission critical aspects of a several programs and must be able to perform all functional duties independently. Professional integrity and attention to detail is a must
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
• Work within the SFLC workload tracking system, SFLC Activities, which details the background, services required, due date for completion for each subtask.
Provide consulting services for all aspects of USCG cutter and boat diesel engine systems, primarily focused on CATERPILLAR diesel engines and generator sets.
Review and comment on new Coast Guard acquisition cutter and boat design, construction, maintenance reviews, ship checks, troubleshooting and test programs, Engineering Change/ TCTO development on cutter and boat propulsion components and systems, and assist in the preparation and modification of USCG draft policy documents.
Draft position papers; analyses; designs; specifications; drawings; and presentations as assigned by the head of the SFLC ESD propulsion branch.
• Be comfortable interfacing with military and civilian management, as well as project teams from various regions;
• Ability to prepare clients and process stakeholders for events via advance briefings and communications in face-to-face settings as well as via video teleconferences.
The following is also advantageous although not essential:
• Basic knowledge of U.S. Coast Guard organizations and relationships is preferred.
• Experience developing and maintaining electronic databases is desired.
• Ability to prepare project cost estimates and project schedules and be able to understand the impacts to both of these.
• Understand workload and have the ability to plan your own workday, unless otherwise directed.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Experience:
The qualified candidate shall possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience:
Ten (10) years of total relevant experience.
Five (5) years of progressive experience in the following marine fields: propulsion systems, generator diesel engines, and Caterpillar diesel engine architecture, components, and machinery control systems.
Must be a confident and articulate communicator and technical writer.
Demonstrated experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD or other CAD software, Project and Visio.
A Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Engineering from an accredited college or university or a Professional Engineers License plus ten (10) years of relevant experience as a Diesel Engineer.
Or HS Diploma plus eighteen (18) years of relevant experience as a Diesel Engineer.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.