Job Description: Provide support as Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC) Engineer/Assistant Craftmaster to Naval Surface Warfare Center, Panama City Division (NSWC PCD). Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, performing preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance documentation, reporting issues identified as a result of inspection for corrective action, maintaining documentation of special test modifications installed on the test craft, and accurate documentation of testing on each system. In addition, individual is responsible for performing limited corrective maintenance, troubleshooting, and inspections on ACVs in the course of operating craft assigned to NSWC PCD.
Security Clearance Requirements: An active SECRET security clearance is required.
- Must be Engineer/Assistant Craftmaster certified to the requirements of S9LCA-AA-SSM-030 for performing maintenance.
- Must have experience performing Engineer/Assistant Craftmaster duties, such as:
o updating and maintaining applicable LCAC operational, preventative maintenance, and corrective maintenance documentation forms and logs;
o reporting issues found as a result of any inspection, mission or engine run;
o maintaining documentation pertaining to LCAC operations and/or testing.
- Must have experience performing limited corrective maintenance, troubleshooting, and inspections on ACVs in the course of operating craft.
- Must be able to pass the United States Coast Guard Physical (form CG-719K) and/or the Physical Examination (DD Form 2807-1)
- Must have completed the LCAC training requirements for initial fleet qualification as per SEAOPS Table 4-1 Volume II and shall have operated craft within the previous 5 years.
- Must have previously passed – AND – continue to be able to pass - annual US Navy administered LCAC written exam and Craftmaster operator evaluation.
Must be located within one hour (approximately 60 miles) of Naval Support Activity Panama City (NSA PC).
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.