The Technical Writer (TW) will be responsible for the successful development of training material in support of customer and program objectives. The TW will report to the Training Project Manager.
Major responsibilities include:
- Development of training material and assessments that meet specified learning objectives and goals.
- Maintenance of accurate training product records and files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience (3-5 years):
- Develop Training Guides (TG), PowerPoint (PPT), Lesson Plans (LP) and Job Sheets (JS).
- Experience in training development products in the NAVEDTRA 130 series format.
- Ability to read, interpret, organize, and synthesize source material (GFI) into well-written, concise learning products.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent computer skills, expert in Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn and establish a working knowledge of military terminology.
- Maintain minimum “Secret” level security clearance.
- US Citizenship required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Experience with the Authoring Instructional Material (AIM) II, AIM Content Planning Module (CPM), and AIM Leaning Object (LO) Module software applications.
- Experience with the development of mechanical theory/engineering courses.
- Experience with the development of electrical theory/engineering courses.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.