THOR Solutions is actively seeking an Engineering Technician III in support of the Southwest Regional Maintenance Center. This position will provide support to engineering and design staff in a variety of engineering tasks in the installation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, calibration, testing, fabrication, construction and operation of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems in accordance with engineering specifications.
- Install, monitor, and service equipment and systems at company and client sites
- Perform test and evaluation, check-out, certification tasks. Perform validations/ verifications of various electronic systems
- Review Engineering Change Proposals for equipment impacts
- Assist in accomplishing Engineering Change Instructions
- Develop technical/engineering data for Planned Maintenance Systems, technical manuals, trouble-shooting procedures, drawing updates, operating procedures, maintainability improvements, and test reports
- Support systems engineering activities with subject matter expertise
- Assist in training others in the operation and performance of systems
- Plan and coordinate work of other engineering technicians and related positions
- Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking project status and inventory
- Direct on-site customer interface for equipment/system installation, testing, survey, fabrication, and other engineering tasks as needed
- Comply with engineering documentation standards, engineering plans, system specifications and test procedures
- Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements
- May support engineers in the development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must currently have an active SECRET security clearance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Experience:
- Vocational/technical training beyond high school and at least five years of job-related experience
- Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs
- Some positions may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software
- Position may require travel
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.