Provides information service, such as answering questions regarding card catalogs, and assists in the use of bibliographic tools, such as Library of Congress catalog. Performs routine cataloging of library materials. Files cards in catalog drawers according to system used. Answers routine inquiries, and refers persons requiring professional assistance to Librarian. Verifies bibliographic information on order requests. Works or directs workers in maintenance of stacks or in section of department or division, such as ordering or receiving section of acquisitions department, card preparation activities in catalog department, or limited loan or reserve desk operation of circulation department.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must currently have a SECRET clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Experience:
- A high school diploma is required; a GED or certificate from a vocational training curriculum may be substituted.
- Must possess the skills and ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must possess and exercise diplomatic tact and interface with the customer.
- Must be proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office products and tools
- 3 year of professional experience
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.