The Senior MCS Engineer will:
- Provide engineering support to a Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division (NSWC PD) customer.
- Provide Machinery Control Systems (MCS) engineering support for DDG-51 class.
- Conduct Pre-DDG Modernization availability ship checks to determine the baseline hardware and signal cable configurations and submission of Liaison Action Reports (LARs) to document discrepancies.
- Develop Cable Block Diagrams, including verification and documentation of cable pinning, cable types, backshell information and connector information.
- Develop Technical Data Packages (TDPs) that consist of the Cable Block Diagram, cable discrepancies, and MCS-related ship alteration status.
- Inspect receipt of Government Furnished Material and Equipment (GFM and GFE).
- Maintain and update MCS Cable Database.
- Review technical data exchanged between the Planning Yard and the ISEA.
- Troubleshoot hardware, signal cable, and software during DDG-51 availabilities.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- An active SECRET security clearance is required.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science (BS) degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience providing engineering support for US Navy shipboard electronic systems and equipment
- At least 3 of the 10 years of experience must include supporting MCS equipment installed on DDG-51 class ships.
- Must have experience conducting ship checks for MCS equipment upgrades, developing MCS cable block diagrams, and developing MCS test procedures.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and highly organized.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.