We are looking for a driven, energetic intern that can assist our National Security Cutter (NSC) Project Support Team. The candidate must be polished, professional, and able to coordinate project details for the NSC Project Support Staff Manager.
A great opportunity for an engineering student, junior business analyst, project coordinator, or a highly organized junior technical resource.
- Candidate should be interested in developing professional consulting, project management, and engineering skills.
- This position will give the candidate exposure to shipboard engineering principles, specifically power generation and distribution and finite element analysis.
- Candidate must be resourceful, hardworking, detail oriented, self-starter interested in working with multidisciplinary team to resolve problems in a fast paced environment.
- Professional integrity and attention to Quality Assurance including checking and double checking designs and calculations as well as providing technical reports and presentation to ensure final products exceed client expectations.
Day to day tasking and routine assignments will come from the NSC Project Support Staff Manager.
Specific tasking will include bull will not be limited to:
- Supporting the project office in the creation and presentation of briefs & reports to communicate program management issues to the various surface project teams as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Assisting with planning, preparing and facilitating Project Reviews, Acquisition Reviews, and Technical Reviews and Integrated Product-Process Team (IPT) & Working Group meetings.
- Assist with the integration of the sUAS system aboard the WMSL. This may include presentation of briefs & reports to communicate program management issues to the various surface project teams as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Drafting of routine letters, memos, e-mails and digests. These project-related products may require significant research, input and coordination to complete along with approval by the Government prior to release to any party. The format shall be in accordance with the latest series of the US Coast Guard Correspondence Manual
- Evaluation and monitoring the performance and efficiency of the NSC project to ensure that project implementation is on target.
- Occasional creation of CAD products in AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, and Solid Edge is desired.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Be comfortable interfacing with military and civilian management, as well as project teams from various regions.
- Have the technical skills to design, develop, and maintain information, metrics, and reporting environments to support the goals and objectives of our clients.
- Have the ability to coordinate meetings and events to include building agendas and presentations based on knowledge of relevant topics, advance briefings to senior leadership, facility coordination and management, and post event reports.
- Be able to prepare clients and process stakeholders for events via advance briefings and communications in face-to-face settings as well as over video teleconferences.
- Be a US citizen and be eligible for a secret security clearance.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills with attention to detail and demonstrated QA experience.
- Be well versed in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Some experience in CAD desired.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High school diploma and working toward Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Technical skills to design, develop, and maintain information, metrics, and reporting environments to support the goals and objectives of our clients.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings and events to include building agendas and presentations based on knowledge of relevant topics, advance briefings to senior leadership, facility coordination and management, and post event reports.
- US citizen
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with attention to detail and demonstrated QA experience.
- Demonstrated experience is MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen, and is frequently required to walk, sit and stand. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee will be required to regularly use a computer, keyboard, and monitor. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision.
- When required to travel, the employee may be required to support his or her own weight, and must be able to frequently walk up and down stairs and ship ladders. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work will take place at THOR Headquarters in Arlington, VA.
- The employee will be required to travel to conduct work or attend meetings onboard USCG & USN vessels. Additionally, travel and attendance of meetings and vessel inspections within various shipyards will be occasionally expected. Working 10-12 hour days will be expected when working onboard a vessel or at a shipyard. This environment may contain extreme noise and heat (non-weather), with work near mechanical moving parts.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.