The Word Processor will edit and reformat written or electronic drafts, such as correcting function codes; adjusting spacing and formatting; and standardizing headings, margins, and indentations. Other duties may include transcribing scientific reports, lab analyses, legal proceedings, or similar material from voice taper or handwritten drafts. Work requires knowledge of specialized, technical or scientific terminology. Work requires familiarity with office terminology and practices; incumbent corrects copy and questions originator of document concerning missing information, improper formatting, or discrepancies in instructions. Supervisor sets priorities and deadlines on continuing assignments, furnishes general instructions for recurring work, and provides specific instructions for new or unique projects.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must currently have a SECRET clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET clearance is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Experience:
- A high school diploma is required; a GED or certificate from a vocational training curriculum may be substituted.
- Must possess the skills and ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must possess and exercise diplomatic tact and interface with the customer.
- Must be proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office products and tools
- 1 year of work-related experience
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.